This blog is my own personal time travel into the past...

Thursday 10 January 2013

GREEK PHILOSOPHERS AND PYTHAGORAS

 We're doing a bit more on Ancient Greece because there's so much to learn about it. This week I've been learning a little bit about Greek philosophers and especially Pythagoras because he influenced maths and music so much.
I read about Socrates, Plato and Aristotle and to help me remember what they did and how they thought, me and my mum made up a game called Agora (which is the Greek marketplace) which is really cool and fun to play. We also made some clay coins that you have to earn by answering the questions correctly when you land on the philosopher's podium. When you have enough coins you can buy things in the stalls at the agora and the first person to buy everything on their list in the winner. I usually win because I have a better memory than my mum!
 It's always the other person who has to read out the question.
 The coins have the image of an owl on them because they're from Athens and Athena was the goddess of wisdom.
 This is one of the questions.
Then I made a lapbook to put pictures and things I'd learned in it. 
 I also learned Pythagoras' Theorem which is pretty easy, especially with a calculator!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Adri, pretty smart to do all this mostly yourself. I can't even remember Pythagoras's theorem.
    I like the way you have set things up. Easy to see stuff and to read about it.
    I'll have to see what I can find out about the subjects too and let you know. Very interesting, ancient history. Good if you were a high born person of course. I expect the lower classes had fun too in their own way though. I'll watch your blog a lot Adri. Love Nanna XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nanna,

    Love you lots,
    Adri,
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Adri!! I can see you've put a lot of effort into making it. Love, Jacquie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jacquie,
    thanks for your comment.
    love, Adri. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete